docs/60749: [patch] handbook/multimedia: add chapter about tv cards

Szilveszter Adam sziszi at bsd.hu
Wed Dec 31 07:00:39 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/60749; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Szilveszter Adam <sziszi at bsd.hu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/60749: [patch] handbook/multimedia: add chapter about tv cards
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:58:03 +0100

 On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:54:25AM +0100, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
 > +   <title>Setup and Use of TV Cards</title>
 > +
 > +    <sect2 id="tvcard-setup">
 > +      <title>Set up the driver</title>
 > +      <para>Most pci-based tv cards come with a Brooktree Bt848/849/878/879
 > +	Video Capture Chip, which is supported by the &man.bktr.4; driver.
 > +	FM tuner chips are also supported.  To have your kernel support
 > +	your card just add the &man.bktr.4; driver to your kernel
 > +	configuration:</para>

 Hm I am not sure about this part... at least in my part of the world,
 (Central Europe) it is becoming harder to find a Brooktree based TV
 card, revent models use a Philips chipset which has better picture
 quality but is AFAIK not supported by FreeBSD... so you have to be extra
 careful when buying.

 Just my HUF 0.02...
 --
 Regards: