Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 18 00:37:25 UTC 2003

Martin Heinen <martin at sumuk.de> wrote
  in <20031218010852.A44498 at sumuk.de>:

martin> This is wrong, »names.xml« is already sorted
martin> so the order should not change.
martin>
martin> It seems that language dependent sorting is
martin> not supported in textproc/libxslt.  The file
martin> »FEATURES« of libxslt-1.1.0 contains the following:
martin>
martin> | YES			      xsl:sort
martin> | YES				select = string-expression
martin> | NO				lang = { nmtoken }
martin>
martin> Hiroki's work is such a big time saver that
martin> I consider to commit the German version with the
martin> slightly displaced ordering.  This might give
martin> me the time to think about a solution for the
martin> problem instead of sorting manually :-)

 Hmmm, we seem to need another way to determine the sort order.
 Currently I am considering adding a framework to specify the order
 manually and a template to solve the month name problem.

 I think I will submit the patch this weekend.