Handbook 12.5.2 mkisofs

Dan D Niles dan at more.net
Thu Dec 4 22:18:42 UTC 2003

I am trying to make a FreeBSD 5.1 bootable CD, and I'm not having much
luck.  The handbook
(12.5.2) says to use:

# *mkisofs -U -R -b boot/cdboot -o /tmp/bootable.iso /tmp/myboot
**It appears the handbook is incorrect, because **when I do this, I get the
error:

Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> mkisofs: Error - boot image 'image/boot/cdboot' is not the an allowable size.

I tried adding the -no-emul-boot option and mkisofs works, but
the resulting image does not boot (the machine hangs where I should
be seing the boot menu).

Can you point me to a document on creating a (custom) FreeBSD 5.x
bootable CD?

Thanks,

Dan

*