RFC: Restructure of the front page

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Dec 1 21:27:34 UTC 2003

Tom Rhodes wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 15:20:55 -0500
> Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>I only have one question: why add a new link seperate from the link
>>to send-per.html ... I thought the general consensus during the
>>previous disucssions was to change the "Send a bug report" link.
>>It just goes against my nature to leave a link up that points to
>>a page that basically says, "under construction/not working right
>>now"
>
> Ceri is working on getting the send-pr.sgml file reactivated.

I guess my point is that I feel only a single link is required
(even after the send-pr.sgml file is reactivated) and that it
should point to the article.  I suspect that people who use
the send-pr form frequently will make a bookmark to it, so those
who are trying to get to it from the home page should be
"encouraged" to read up on proper procedure before submitting.

But I may be out of line on this?

Can you provide a pointer to the discussion on -www?  I wasn't
able to find it searching the archive, but I may have been looking
for the wrong thing.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies