ftpd man page is little bit wrong

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 26 15:42:42 UTC 2003

On 2003.08.26 06:24:49 +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> I tried to use -u option of ftpd without any success for 2 hours!
> Then I thought lets see whats going on inside the sources...
> Voila, the -u option is overridden by login.conf
>
>         /* May be overridden by login.conf */
>         (void) umask(defumask);
>
> Cant anybody put this into the man page of ftpd so that people will know
> why their -u option doesnt work? :) I was really mad at ftpd

I have actually had this on my TODO list for some time, but I haven't
gotten around to looking at it yet.  If you want to get this fixed
faster, the best way is to send a PR (with send-pr) about the problem,
and even better included a patch to update the manual page.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team