Kerberos in the handbook

Tillman tillman at seekingfire.com
Tue Aug 5 19:25:22 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:59:39AM -0600, Tillman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 07:11:55PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > On 2003.08.05 10:43:09 -0600, Tillman wrote:
> >
> > > Is anyone currently working on updating the Kerberos documentation in
> > > the Handbook? if so, I'd like to help. If not, I'm hoping to find
> > > someone who can get me up to speed on the FreeBSD docbook extensions :-)

I haven't heard from anyone on this, so I'll proceed on the assumption
that there isn't.

> I've read the fdp-primer and find it's a great document. I tend to work
> best (think best?) in LaTeX and am finding docbook different enough to
> need serious study.
>
> I've now subscribed to freebsd-doc at .
>
> > Any further discussion of updating the Kerberos chapter, should probably
> > be moved to -doc where it's more on-topic.
>
> Good point. I'll move this over to -doc.

Along those lines, is it preferable to cover the base Heimdal, the MIT
port, or both?

I'm inclined to cover both in terms of the KDC, but only MIT in terms of
a kerberized server or client as the base heimdal doesn't have a
complete Kerberos toolset.

Any opinions?

-T

--
Never appeal to a man's "better nature." He may not have one. Invoking
his self-interest gives you more leverage.