Examples

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Mon Apr 28 21:33:51 UTC 2003

* SOE <spiritecstasy at hotmail.com> [2003-04-28 14:10]:
> Hello
>
> I'm a FreeBSD basic user and i'm trying to configure my bootloader and my
> sound card, i tried to use the Handbook, but i found out there are no
> examples in it making the handbook almost completely uncompreensible to me
> and probably people like me.
>
> This is my way to say thanks for the great job you're doing, but you can
> still inprove it (examples)
>
> Thank you
> Gilberto Ribeiro
>
> PS. Sorry about my bad english, bou i'm from Portugal.

Hi Gilberto,

When the handbook doesn't go into detail on a subject (like the bootloader),
it often gives pointers (WWW links or printed citations) to other written
material that you can read for for information.

Section 7.5, Device Hints, shows some example boot loader configurations
for devices.   It also contains references to
device.hints(5), kenv(1), loader.conf(5), and loader(8)

Try clicking on the links  in the Handbook for further detail about these
topics.

Sound configuration detail is rather sparse- but this area is under active
development.  Please check back regularly for updates.

Hope this helps,
jpb
===

PS- Your English is adequate- perhaps you can help translate the Handbook
into Portuguese.  There is a Brazilian Portuguese translation project at:
http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/docproj/translations.html