updated software

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Mon Apr 28 21:16:45 UTC 2003

* Simonas K. <molotov at wtf.lt> [2003-04-28 16:51]:
> Hello,
>
> I've just finished reading FreeBSD/i386 4.8-RELEASE release notes.
> (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/relnotes-i386.html)
>
> I've missed the versions of contributed software,from which that
> software was upgraded, like
>
>     "BIND has been updated to version 8.3.4.".
>
> By looking at it I wonder from WHICH version it was upgraded.
> I mean, that's only for convenience, for easier comparisons and
> further expertise of the efficiency of the expected system upgrade.
>
> I am also able to find out the versions of the software manually,
> but it would be much easier to make decisions just by looking at
> the two points of specific software developement while having most
> common bugs/features in mind:)
>
> thanks for listening
> --
>  sincerely,
>   Simonas Kareiva
>   sysadmin/consultant
>   Vilnius University

Hello,

You may be interested in browsing through the CVS repository for BIND
and other packages.  You can learn what version of a port was added originally,
when updates were made, what patches have been applied and a wealth
(OK, maybe just a little) of information about the port.

The web based interface to the  CVS repository is available at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi

The version of BIND you were interested is available at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/bind8/distinfo

Best Regards,
jpb
===