docproj - tex PDF format problem(correction)

Jay Sern Liew jaysern at ieee.org
Sun Apr 27 07:40:56 UTC 2003

What was I thinking? Sorry for the previous mail! Hope this helps!

jaysern at maddog 02:37 AM usr$pkg_info |grep jadetex
docproj-jadetex-1.9 The "meta-port" for the FreeBSD Documentation Project
jadetex-3.12        A TeX backend for Jade, for typesetting SGML documents
jaysern at maddog 02:37 AM usr$pkg_info jadetex-\*
Information for jadetex-3.12:

Comment:
A TeX backend for Jade, for typesetting SGML documents

Required by:
docproj-jadetex-1.9

This is JadeTeX, a TeX backend for Jade.

JadeTeX enables you to produce formatted output of documents written
with the Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML).  JadeTeX uses
tex to produce Device Independent (DVI) output; from there, you can
produce high quality hardcopy.  JadeTeX also uses pdftex to produce
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of your documents,
complete with hyperlinks, and suitable for distribution on the World
Wide Web and other media.

To use JadeTex, run your SGML document, its Document Type Definition
(DTD), and its Document Style Semantics and Specification Language
(DSSSL) specification, through jade with the "-t tex" option.  Then,
to produce a DVI file, run

   tex "&jadetex" <file>.tex

To produce a PDF file, run

   pdftex "&pdfjadetex" <file>.tex

jaysern at maddog 02:37 AM usr$pkg_info docproj-jadetex\*
Information for docproj-jadetex-1.9:

Comment:
The "meta-port" for the FreeBSD Documentation Project

The FreeBSD Documentation Project maintains the FAQ, Handbook and tutorials.

This package does not contain anything by itself -- it is a
"meta-port" that depends on other text processing packages.  Its sole
purpose is to require dependencies so users can install this package only
and have all the Documentation Project stuff pulled in by the port/package
dependency mechanism.

jaysern at maddog 02:39 AM usr$

Jay Sern Liew
jaysern@{acm,ieee}.org
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xA115A33F