docs/51399: XFree86 section of handbook needs some updating.

Eric Anholt anholt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 24 22:40:13 UTC 2003

>Number:         51399
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       XFree86 section of handbook needs some updating.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	Part of the "Advanced Configuration Topics" section of the XFree86
	configuration part of the handbook is somewhat out of date/unclear.  AGP
	is in GENERIC as of 4.8 and 5.0, and if people have agp already and add
	agp_load="YES" to their loader.conf as it suggests, agp won't work at
	all.  On systems without agp, trying to kldload agp won't work; it has
	to be in the kernel at boot time through being compiled in or
	loader.conf.

	(I'm going to have to find someone with an i810 to confirm if the NoDDC
	is still needed, and see if it can get fixed).