Handbook Change Request

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 18 02:27:44 UTC 2003

Single line message.

On Thursday, 17 April 2003 at 15:15:18 -0700, nape at tooquiet.com wrote:

> At
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/book.html
> and
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html,
> cvsup666 is listed as an example.  I request that it be change to a
> different three number combination.

Why?

> Also, I would like to know why it was used instead of any of the
> other numbers that could have been used.

It could be a reference to typical file permissions (rw-rw-rw- is
octal 0666).  Or maybe it was a silly joke by a German contributor
(666 == sex sex sex).  Either way, I can't see any reason to change
it.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.