FreeBSD logo...

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Apr 15 15:27:46 UTC 2003

Luciano Evaristo Guerche said:
> Hi,
>
> I have heard FreeBSD is quite comparable to Linux and that is a very
> good free OS. I would not use / adhere to it just because the logo it
> adopts. How can a christian install an OS whose logo is a demon in
> his/her computer?

Luciano, this topic is raised quite often actually.  The logo is not a
"demon" in the evil satanic sense, it is a "daemon" - yes, it's red and
has little horns, but it is not related in any way to any anti-religious
meanings.

Rest assured that MANY MANY christians (and other religious groups) use
FreeBSD knowing there is no "demon" installed, only daemons (the programs
that idle on your machine to keep things running, like linux, solaris, etc
have also).

Does that help?

Eric

Eric Anderson    anderson at centtech.com    Centaur Technology
You have my continuous partial attention