suggestion for adding a l10n-capable doc-format navi

Hiroki Sato hrs at eos.ocn.ne.jp
Sun Apr 13 20:37:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

 I think I would like to commit the attached patch.
 The changes are:

  1) Generate a link which can be used for readers to choose split and
     single HTML version of a document easily.  This is enabled for docs
     under articles/ and books/ if WITH_DOCFORMAT_NAVI_LINK=YES is
     specified in the Makefile.  In the patch it is enabled in
     en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pam only, but I am planning to add it
     into all of docs in articles/ and books/.

  2) Add an entity-set for l10n purpose.  When WITH_DOCFORMAT_NAVI_LINK=YES
     &docnavi.split-html; and &docnavi.single-html; are used,
     but they should be translatable.  I added l10n.ent to
     share/sgml, en_US.ISO8859-1/share/sgml, and ja_JP.eucJP/share/sgml,
     and defined FPIs respectively.  During build process, the two of l10n.ent
     are read in ${LANGCODE}/share/sgml/l10n.ent -> share/sgml/l10n.ent order,
     so when &docnavi.split-html; is defined in a language-specific directory
     it is used, otherwise share/sgml/l10n.ent is used.  Since l10n.ent is
     included in share/sgml/freebsd.dsl, it can also be used for general
     purpose.

  3) Add `margin-left' into PROGRAMLISTING and SCREEN class in docbook.css, and
     remove %indent-{programlisting,screen}-lines% in freebsd.dsl.
     This resolves a indentation problem of <programlisting><inlinegraphic
     fileref="foo" format="linespecific"></programlisting>.

 Any comments or objections?  These are not small changes,
 so I would like your advice.