should the docs cater to 5 or 4? or both?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 9 10:16:39 UTC 2003

On 2003-04-09 01:23, Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd at bredband.net> wrote:
> I'm doing some work on the handbook, section 12.6 (floppy disks), and I
> have some questions:
> [...]
> Should I describe the methods (for formatting floppies, for example)
> applicable to 4-RELEASE or 5-RELEASE? Or both?

Both, IMHO.  The Handbook needs to support both -stable and -current.
We don't have separate versions of the docs for different releases, so
you'll need to split the information in two parts.  Probably in two
sections like:

	Formatting floppies in 4.X or older versions
	Formatting floopies in 5.X or newer versions

- Giorgos