cvs commit: www/en support.sgml

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Apr 8 23:41:15 UTC 2003

Over on cvs-doc, Sean Chittenden (seanc at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> I think the Conspectus was well intentioned, but there wasn't any
> follow up on the idea.  Nuke said paragraph.

The problem with an idea like that is that it takes too much manual
effort for the reward involved.

I wind up saving "hints" and interesting stuff that should be in such
a document, but time prohibits editing all but the most important into
e.g. a PR for the FAQs.  Probably other people do as well.  I'd be
interested in brainstorming some way to share that information with
others -- it might supplant the "search the mailing lists and find the
one posting that actually answers the question" problem, which is,
after all, fairly boring :-)

I don't know.  A list of pointers to email messages?  A blog?
A 'best-of' mailing list?  Any ideas?

I think something like this could really be useful for newbies
and other people coming up the curve on various parts of
the system.

mcl