Documentation of xfree, antialiased fonts and gnome

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 8 17:29:44 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:08:29 +0300 (EEST)
ruffneck <ruffneck at esso.tky.hut.fi> wrote:

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html#X11-WM-GNOME-ANTIALIAS
>
> In that document firstly using port x11/gdkxft is recommended. However
> that port didn't compile unless port x11-fonts/fontconfig is installed.
> Giving that information in the handbook could be beneficial?

By building that from the ports collection, the x11-fonts/fontconfig
port should be installed as a depend.  If that is NOT happening, I would
suggest you contact the port maintainer:

grep 'MAINTAINER' /usr/ports/x11/gdkxft/Makefile

--
Tom Rhodes