Project model

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 8 01:58:41 UTC 2003

On Monday,  7 April 2003 at 13:30:10 +0200, Niklas Saers Mailinglistaccount wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to present
> http://niklas.saers.com/freebsd-model/freebsd-model.html for review.

This looks excellent!  The structure is very clear, though I haven't
had time to check for accuracy.

> Known issues:
> 1) freebsd-code-model.png (the rather ugly hand-done drawing) will be
> replaced soon (I'm getting help from someone a lot more skilled at drawing
> than I am :) ).

It serves its purpose.

> 2) The reference section needs to be cleaned up (a couple references not
> working properly), and the xrefs all the sudden refer to sections, so I
> need to go through my compile options.
>
> 3) The couple of notes in brackets are for my updating of the document.
>
> A couple of questions before doing a send-pr,
>  - do you prefer another license for documentation than the standard
>    two-clause license?

That should be fine.

>  - are there any good tools for DocBook XML => DocBook SGML conversion?

Not that I know of, but that doesn't mean anything.

A couple of suggestions:

1.  Offer the document alternatively as a series of pages rather than
    one big web page.  I personally prefer the latter, but people on a
    slow link might find it a bit much.

2.  Find yourself a doc committer to commit it for you.  It will
    probably be faster.

Greg