how do i....?

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 18:56:19 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 13:43, Maximum DBZ wrote:
> Hello, i am a newbie to this, and i would like to know how to install my network card in FreeBSD, i cannot acess the internet. I have a 10/100 Lynksis network card. How would i install it using shell, i have a diskett for it!
place for discussing the documentation of FreeBSD. You'd be better off
to ask this on questions at freebsd.org . Also, please do check out chapter
9 (specifically section 4 thereof) of the FreeBSD handbook (available at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ ), which gives detailed instructions on
how to build your kernel (what you'd need to do to get your network card
working). Being that you used Outlook Express to send your email, I
presume that you don't have FreeBSD installed as of yet. Take a look at
the handbook from the beginning, which provides excellent information on
how to install FreeBSD, and docs on pretty much all major facilities of
the system.