What about improving the desktop ports consistency: task 1, the fonts

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 2 02:53:44 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 28 February 2012 20:35:58 Alberto Villa wrote:
> We obviously need a better way to
> do it: bapt@ suggests INSTALLS_FONTS=(ttf|whatever). I'll implement it
in
> my next patch.

The patch is ready, but I'm still testing it on some ports. Luckily, it will
not affect anything which doesn't set INSTALLS_FONTS=yes, so I will be
able to push it to x11@  for review before having patches for every port.

Currently I've set FONTDIR?=${PORTNAME:C/[-_]fonts?$//}, but I'm not
sure I should affect by default the installation directory (non-X.Org fonts
get installed to /usr/local/share/fonts/${FONTDIR}, just for your
information). Do you think I should revert it to FONTDIR?=${PORTNAME}?

By the way, it installs a default pkg-message for non-X.Org ports if none
was provided. I hope this won't be considered too hackish. :)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Buzzword, n.:
	The fly in the ointment of computer literacy.