For your attention !!

Eng Stanley Gumel a1 at mta20.chiben.u4.org
Tue Mar 19 16:47:39 UTC 2013

NNPC Towers,
Central Business District,
Garki, Abuja.

Hello!

Good day to you and I hope you are having a great day! My Name is Eng. Stanley Gumel, I am a board member of the NNPC.

I am sending you a proposal which I would like you to go through and consider. My proposal may come as a surprise to you, especially because we have never met before. But I want you to realize that, in this our global community which is now connected by the internet and advanced communication technologies, we are all strangers first before we become acquaintances, friends and life partners. You know this to be true. In fact partnerships across the globe have been initiated and forged with an email such as the one you are reading right now.

I am asking for your assistance and co-operation to facilitate the remittance of twenty (20) million dollars into your designated bank account or any account that you can arrange for this purpose. The money in question was secured by me with the help of a few others from an inflated contract to a Chinese construction firm which was awarded and completed recently. You may be tempted to judge us on this but you should know that this happens in every country from South America, the U.S, Europe, Middle East and Asia. You probably don't get to hear about it a lot in your own country.

The original contract sum awarded to this Chinese firm was one hundred and fifty million dollars. However, in collusion with the executives of this firm at the time, the contract was inflated to cost one hundred and seventy million dollars. The extra twenty million was our own kick back for awarding the contract to them. The contract was approved by our ministry of finance and one hundred and seventy million was deposited with a local bank which acted as the paying bank for the contract. The Chinese firm was fully paid leaving the balance of twenty million behind for us to share.

Right now the money at the bank is pending payment and I require a substitute account for the funds to be paid into. This is the reason for sending you this email. I am asking for your assistance, if you have the facility to enable us remit the money into your account. If you are interested, you can get in touch with me via email. Just click 'reply' and introduce yourself, let me have your email address, phone and fax number. I will get back to you with my contact information.

After contact information has been exchanged, we shall establish contact and negotiate what your percentage will be for enabling this. This must be done before we can proceed. Finally when the money is remitted into your account, I will obtain a visa and travel to meet you to conclude our arrangement.

You should see this as an opportunity. It is a lot of money and this is very real and I am very real and credible. The only way you will know for sure is if you accept my proposal and commit yourself wholeheartedly to this.

If you are not interested, then I apologize for the intrusion and for wasting your valuable time. You can delete this email.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Stanley Gumel