Preparing an Oracle Database XE port/package -- any tips ?

Fri Mar 7 15:30:57 UTC 2008

Quoting Adrian Penisoara <ady at freebsd.ady.ro> (from Fri, 7 Mar 2008
16:36:56 +0200):

> Hi,
>
>   After having to deploy an Oracle Database XE [1] installation (with Linux
> 32bit binaries from the official RPM package) on a production FreeBSD
> 6.2machine I realized it would be very much feasible to produce a
> FreeBSD
> port/package for it.
>   I would like to know whether similar efforts have been undergoing and
> whether people came up with some tips & tricks on this.
>
>  The goal is not only to add the port into FreeBSD's ports tree but also to
> eventually convince Oracle (I work for them) to post the package on their
> official download page.

I'm not aware of something like this. Feel free to ask questions
regarding the linuxulator and our linux infrastructure in the ports on
emulation at . Also feel free to ask for review of the port on emulation at .

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Security isn't.