PHP5 + oci8 consistently segfaults on script exit

Gordon Stratton tsr2600 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:59:20 UTC 2007

On 7/28/07, Simun Mikecin <numisemis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could you please try these and send feedback:
>
> 1) Try the same using PDO_OCI instead of oci8 extension
> 2) Try with this combination: apache 2.0 (port compiled with WITH_THREADS) + php + oci8 extension
> 3) Try with this combination: apache 2.0 (port compiled with WITH_THREADS) + php + PDO_OCI
>
> 2) and 3) should be triggered by HTTP request.

Hey Simun,

1) Segfaults on exit, same as oci8.

2) Does not segfault.

3) Does not segfault.

In my situation, everything works like a charm up until the module is
unloaded via dlclose(3).  My guess is that since mod_php doesn't
unload/reload PHP modules across requests that this is the reason it is
not segfaulting with httpd, but segfaulting with CLI PHP.

Thanks,

Gordon