Oracle 8i (8.1.7), FreeBSD 5.1 i386 installation questions

Dima Dorfman dd at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 2 15:38:51 PST 2004

Jon Adams <jkadams at computer.org> wrote:
> Ran setup_stubs.sh with -x by itself... this is the output... I have no
> idea where the bad command is...

Scott responded to your other email indicating that you should have a
/compat/linux/usr/bin/ld. Not having that is a likely cause for this
problem. If that turns out not to be it, however:

> + echo -n 'Rebuilding client shared library...'
> + /ora/app/bin/genclntsh

The bad command is inside that file, which is probably a shell script.
Running it with -x should give more details.