MySQL & jdbc

Roberto Nunnari nunnari at die.supsi.ch
Mon May 12 09:32:54 PDT 2003

in my /etc/hosts file I have the following lines regarding localhost:

::1                     localhost localhost.my.domain
127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain

and
mysql> use mysql
mysql> select host, user, password from user;

reports:¨
+----------------+------------+------------------+
| host           | user       | password         |
+----------------+------------+------------------+
| localhost      | salathe    | mycryptedpassword |
+----------------+------------+------------------+
11 rows in set (0.02 sec)

regards.

--
               Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
                 mailto:nunnari at die.supsi.ch
  Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana
            Dipartimento di Informatica e Elettronica
                   http://www.die.supsi.ch
  SUPSI-DIE
  Via Cantonale                        tel: +41-91-6108561
  6928 Manno                 """       fax: +41-91-6108570
  Switzerland               (o o)