Patch to add html download link.

VilleSkyttä scop at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 2 10:11:17 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 15:17 -0700, Allen Reese wrote:

> I store html files in a cvs repository that we access via cvsweb.  I
> find myself downloading the html file to open it in a web browser, or
> changing the link that I clicked on so I can just display the html
> file straight from cvsweb.

Just clicking the "download" link should result it being sent as
text/html assuming you have it configured so in cvsweb.conf (which is by
default set up to do that).  See for example the *.html files at
http://cvs.fedora.us/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/docs/

Which version of cvsweb are you running?

> I got sick of it and wrote a patch to get around this today.  ;)
>
> The patch adds a html link between text & markup that passes the
> mimetype as text/html.

That doesn't make much sense for files other than HTML.