cvsweb version 3:3.0.1-1 diff problems (and howto debug this)

VilleSkyttä scop at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 3 08:51:36 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 12:30, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> You wrote:

> For revision 1.2 for file 'myfile' in module 'mymodule' for our
> internal web server (www.intern):
[...]

These look ok to me, although they don't look like the access log
entries my Apache 2 generates.  Just to be sure and to eliminate any
browser issues: you did grab them from the access log, not the cvsweb
HTML, right?

> > I don't know if they're configuration errors or plain bugs, and dunno
> > about the best way to debug either, but one lowly approach is to insert
> > some warn() statements in the code and watch the web server error log.
>
> Recommendations where?

When doing a diff, cvsweb should enter doDiff() near line 1320 or 1350
(the latter in your case, I guess, as the URLs have a ".diff"
extension).  Ditto, for annotate, it should enter doAnnotate() near line
1315.  Try placing some warn()'s above those to find out why it
(apparently) does not.

> Btw, /var/smb/ontwikkel/cvs/CVSROOT/modules only contains lines starting
> with '#'. But maybe cvsweb should even come to this part?

Right, it should have went to doDiff() earlier.