cvsweb and binary files

VilleSkyttä scop at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 25 07:11:07 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 11:19, daniel.wallner at bredband.net wrote:

> We are using cvsweb to browse our cvs repository where we have both
> text based design files and binary documents.
> For text files cvsweb behaves acceptable but for binary documents
> the default behavior is a bit weird.
> This is mainly due to that the default mime type is text for nearly
> all files, while this is fine for Internet Explorer that seems to
> ignore the type, Netscape just displays garbage.
> But there are also some bugs related to this.
[...]

Thanks for the walkthrough, Daniel.  I've committed reworked MIME type
handling to CVS HEAD, it should address most issues involved, probably
not all though.

Could you give it a try and let me know how it looks to you?  Note that
MIME::Types(3) will now be used in the type lookup if it's available.

--
\/