FYI for aarch64 main [14] running a mid March version: I ended up with [usb{usbus2}] stuck at (near) 100% cpu

Greg V greg at unrelenting.technology
Fri May 14 09:06:31 UTC 2021

On May 14, 2021 5:59:48 AM UTC, Mark Millard via freebsd-current <freebsd-current at freebsd.org> wrote:
>The [usb{usbus2}] process eventually got stuck-busy, no
>more I/O:
>

>The system was a MACCHIATObin Double Shot.

I've noticed USB issues on the mcbin too.
In my experience uaudio was the most likely thing to freeze: sometimes when playing audio the whole USB stack would hang, IIRC only unplugging and reconnecting the hub would let USB I/O continue.

Looks like the XHCI hardware might not be fully stable here?? but I do wonder if we could possibly lack some recovery mechanisms for this situation that other OSes have.