Re: vt: efifb / fb+kms resolutions and fonts — how to?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 13 15:14:37 UTC 2021

On 13.05.2021 17:36, Toomas Soome wrote:

> First thing, please check if you have boot1.efi or loader.efi in ESP (EFI System Partition), and when it is loader.efi, please check it is latest.
  loader.efi from Apr 15 2021

> Then next step would be to test out gfx modes, on loader OK prompt, try to switch modes with gop list + gop set command, use gop get to verify (on my system, only 800x600 is used, despite there are different modes in list). With mode change, there also may be font change.

  5 modes in the list, all works, all gives "80x25" text resolution with different ugliness of fonts. 1920x1080 is not ugly at all, as native resolution.

> Then next thing is to check different fonts; the default list is shown when you enter: set screen.font=    — without value, it will list the available ones. Once you set the font, show COLUMNS and show LINES will tell you terminal size. This font is also passed to kernel and used as default font.

  Gotcha! It is what I needed, thank you. "8x14" looks right!

--
// Lev Serebryakov