FYI: WITH_REPRODUCIBLE_BUILD= problem for some files?

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue May 4 13:02:35 UTC 2021

On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 22:26, Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But I'll note that I've built and stalled py37-diffoscope
> (new to me). A basic quick test showed that it reports:
>
> W: diffoscope.main: Fuzzy-matching is currently disabled as the "tlsh" module is unavailable.

I just looked up tlsh - its "A Locality Sensitive Hash"; I presume
diffoscope uses it to infer file renames. I believe the warning
emitted here should have no impact on the output we're looking for.

As far as the utf-8 issues go, diffoscope requires a utf-8 locale and
I suspect that is the issue. If you don't have LANG set already, try
setting LANG=C.UTF-8 in your environment.