Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 26 07:02:12 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 10:21:16PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
> Niclas Zeising asks:
> > When did it stop working?
>
> September ... I _think_.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

There are known issues with Radeon cards, they were quite well supported
a year ago, then something got broken.  I've promised to bisect this and
find the cause, but there were several syscall-related changes in -CURRENT
though the course of the last year, so bisecting just the kernel is not
enough (machine won't get to login prompt if the userland does not match),
which cripples the process.

I still intend to take this quest, just not sure when. :(

./danfe