Review Request for D25705 and D25711

Faraz Vahedi kfv at kfv.io
Fri Apr 30 16:28:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 07:44:13PM +0000, Faraz Vahedi via freebsd-hackers wrote:
> Dear hackers and committers,
>
> I have sent two small patches on freebsd-version(1) and
> freebsd-update(8), D25705 and D25711 respectively, to
> add -j flag for supporting jails.
> I think they are both somewhat ready to either land or
> to get some notes for improvements. They have been open
> since July 2020, and I know everyone is too busy.
> I understand the situation, but I would be very grateful
> if anyone could give them a review and help.
>
> I hope you are all doing well. Stay safe.
>
> Yours faithfully,
> Faraz

Dear committers,

The aforementioned patches are both tested and ready to either
land or get their final review/suggestions. They are meant to
improve jail management quality by facilitating the retrieving
and upgrading of the userland version of jails. So a user could
simply call freebsd-version(1) or freebsd-update(8) from the
host, along with the -j flag, to specify which jail to retrieve
or upgrade its userland version. So no need to manually set
BASEDIR and UNAME_r anymore, just specify the jail name/id.

I sincerely request a review, please. These small patches are
open since July 2020.

I appreciate your time.

Cheers,
Faraz