Undeletable files after kyua test runs

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 29 19:18:18 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 21:08 +0200, Gordon Bergling wrote:

> > > Argh, I haven't thought about chflags for quite some time. The
> > > chflags
> > > bit was set and after an
> > >
> > > # find /tmp/ -type f -exec chflags -R 0 {} \;
> >
> >                ^^Only files          ^^ meaningless when chflags is
> > given ONLY files
> >
> > You probably could of done:
> > chflags -R 0 /tmp/
>
> Okay, I am currently working on an update for clear_tmp_enable="YES"
> to include
> a check like this. I would think that an rc option like this should
> delete
> everything in /tmp.

I disagree.  One of the few things those immutable flags are good for
is protecting files from things like an rc script or other automation
that deletes files.  Those flags are typically set and maintained by
users and admins, and automation should not change them in order to
delete files.

The real fix we need is for the kyua tests to properly clean up after
themselves, including fixing the flags on temporary files created or
used by the tests, and then deleting them.

-- Ian