Turn off PROFILE option and remove WITH_PROFILE after FreeBSD 13?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Fri Jan 17 17:19:53 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 10:40:09AM -0500, Ed Maste wrote:

> Any comments on this plan? Does anyone use the -pg compiler flag and
> the _p.a profiling library archives?

Yes, I do.

I have WITHOUT_PROFILE='yes' set in /etc/make.conf for a normal
buildworld.  I then comment it out and specifically build libc_p.a
and libm_p.a.  These are the only profiled libraries I use.

Why?  Because adding -pg to the gfortran command line is sufficient
to getting profiling information for long running numerically
intensive codes.  'gfortran -pg', of course, loosk for libc_p.a
and libm_p.a.

--
Steve