Inability to build FreeBSD-current amd64

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Wed May 15 23:25:33 UTC 2019

What do most FreeBSD users who rebuild system from source do regarding WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS in /etc/src.conf ?

I have WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS=yes in /etc/src.conf and wonder if that could be screwing my build.

Build seems to stumble on the llvm stuff, and llvm has really bloated in recent times.

But then if I remove WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS, would I face great trouble with llvm in the ports, where llvm is so critical to the bigger things including Xorg?

Would removing WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS also reduce the build time which has been around 6:45 (hours:minutes) just to fail?

Tom