Inability to build FreeBSD-current amd64

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Wed May 15 10:31:37 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 06:46:04AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>     Are you using any nonstandard build options/modes?
>> Cheers!
>> -Enji
>
>I don't think I am using any nonstandard build options/modes.

[...]

> Build didn't even start when I had WITHOUT_MANCOMPRESS on.

> Trouble occurs before there is any attempt to build the kernel.

hi,

What do you do before buildworld?

I'll rm -rf /usr/obj and /var/cache/ccache [1], create them again, then in
/usr/src I'll do this:

make -j32 cleanworld && make -j32 cleandir && make -j32 clean

before make buildworld. it's probably overkill but it'll for sure clean
away any cruft

[1] make sure they get deleted without error. I've encountered
bad_file_descriptor error in ccache dir before and it caused all kinds
of errors when building, which looked like build errors but obv. were
not.

--
J.