icmp (IPv4) issues with VIMAGE JAILs and IPv6

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Jan 28 13:42:39 UTC 2019

On 28 Jan 2019, at 12:44, O. Hartmann wrote:

> I ran into severe problems on CURRENT ( FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #193
> r343521: Mon Jan 28 10:26:36 CET 2019 amd64), VIMAGE enabled host with
> jails
> utilizing IPv6.

and you forget to mention in the subject that it seems to be an ipfw
problem and thus missing your target audience most likely.

> Stopping all jails, destroying all epairs and bridge0 doesn't change
> anything.
>
> The problems occured when IPv6 came into play on the specific host in
> question.

Does that mean you could reproduce the problem just with bce0 and no
jail+vnets at all just with IPv4, IPv6, and ipfw on the main host?

If you cannot, would starting a vnet-jail (without the bridge and
connecting the epair), just starting a jail in persist mode, make a
difference;  or would strating a jail and applying the ipfw rules
therein start the problem?

> Does anyone have any ideas? I'm out of ideas.

y best guess is to move the thread to freebsd-ipfw (Cc: and Reply-To:
set) and see if people pick it up there some more and also finding the
minimalistic case to reproduce.

/bz