GPT boot has less features than legacy MBR-based one (Was: UEFI, loader.efi and /boot.config)

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 21 12:45:47 UTC 2019

On 21.01.2019 15:39, Toomas Soome wrote:

>>> Is too complicated? Boot1.efi doesn't allow that, but loader.efi does.
>> loader.efi lives on ESP partition, do I understand it right? So, it
>> could not be damaged with "bad" upgrade?
>
> It could, unless the backup is created.
 Does it live on code (root) FS or ESP? I understand, that when you
upgrade ESP partition, you could ruin it, but typically root FS is
upgraded much more often than ESP/boot0/boot1 parts.

--
// Lev Serebryakov