Celeron J3160 with enabled Turbo mode stays at 480MHz(lowestsetting) forever and can not lower frequency without Tuebo mode

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Wed Sep 5 22:38:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 07:27:06PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> On 05.09.2018 17:51, Cy Schubert wrote:
>
> > I don't think you need something accurate.
>  Ok, here is results. I'm working in single-user mode.
>
>  TL;DR "Turbo" mode make "openssl" much slower (x3.5)!
>
>  I can not properly interpret this result.

You need to say more about what openssl is doing (i.e., how it was
configured, what architecture it's on, etc.).  In particular, there
was for a time an AVX2 implementation for some primitives, that ended up
being a net loss, since heavy use of those instructions would cause
overheating and throttling.  OpenSSL has a lot of custom assembly for these
common primitves, with some logic to select among them both at
configuration time and at runtime, so results such as this may or may not
be widely transferrable.

-Ben