current kernel built without TCO (-fno-optimize-sibling-calls) is almost unusable

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 23 14:21:51 UTC 2018

 I've built 13/current kernel with "-fno-optimize-sibling-calls" option
to have full and true stacks.

 And my test stand (which is lousy Atom D2500, I need to admit) becomes
unusable with such kernel.

 Here are NO any errors or message on console, but system drops ssh
connection after several seconds (soemtimes before logon, sometimes
right after showing shell), timeouts connections to it, etc.

 When I able to run "top -SH" (for several seconds!) it shows 98% idle!

--
// Lev Serebryakov