Strange ARC/Swap/CPU on yesterday's -CURRENT

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Tue Mar 20 07:08:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-Mar-11 10:43:58 -1000, Jeff Roberson <jroberson at jroberson.net> wrote:
>Also, if you could try going back to r328953 or r326346 and let me know if
>the problem exists in either.  That would be very helpful.  If anyone is
>willing to debug this with me contact me directly and I will send some
>test patches or debugging info after you have done the above steps.

I ran into this on 11-stable and tracked it to r326619 (MFC of r325851).
I initially got around the problem by reverting that commit but either
it or something very similar is still present in 11-stable r331053.

I've seen it in my main server (32GB RAM) but haven't managed to reproduce
it in smaller VBox guests - one difficulty I faced was artificially filling
ARC.

--
Peter Jeremy