[regression] The USB WiFi card stopped working: if_run doesn't create the 'run0' interface any more

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Jul 13 18:01:21 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 21:15, Yuri wrote:
> On 07/12/18 13:38, Pete Wright wrote:
>>
>> sorry if i missed something (don't see details in the bug report) -
>> is the issue that the run(4) kernel module is not being loaded? is
>> there an error when the system attempts to load the kernel module in
>> the dmesg buffer?  if it is not being loaded automagically what
>> happens when you manually load the module via "kldload" or by
>> updating rc.conf?
>

> No errors while the kernel module is loaded. The problem is that when
> the card is inserted wlan0 isn't automatically created. It also isn't
> created during boot with the card in. I think that there were some
> changes in devd that caused this regression.

interesting, i ran into an issue with a kernel/world i updated to on
thursday where my USB mouse was non-functional and i suspect something
funky happened with devd as well.  one suggestion i heard was to enable
devmatch which i haven't had a chance to test yet. throwing it out there
as it may help you.

cheers,
-pete

--