iflib.tx_abdicate: very strange behavior on incoming IPsec traffic (regression?)

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 7 15:02:27 UTC 2018

On 07.12.2018 16:40, Lev Serebryakov wrote:

>  (I'm not sure, that it is exactly "bug" or "defect" and want to
 ... discuss it here before filing PR.

>  Now I'm throwing IPsec into mix. All incoming traffic is tunneled with
> IPsec policy, with aes-128-gcm encryption. And with IPsec tx_abdicate
> makes thing much worse and much more unstable.
 I could say, that it doesn't matter, if I using IPsec with "tunnel"
policy to encrypt and tunnel transit traffic or if I add "gif" into mix
and encrypt GIF traffic in "transport" mode. In both cases tx_abdicate
makes PPS much lower.

--
// Lev Serebryakov