drm / drm2 removal in 12

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Sat Aug 25 15:34:32 UTC 2018

Ditto. I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks for all the people who have been
working on the drm-next code for over 2 years now. It's fantastic and an
incredible piece of effort to pull it all together.

I bought a new laptop 2 years ago, started running the drm-next branch
before it even landed in the main FreeBSD tree, and its been solid as a rock.
It was my first foray into running current and I've not looked back since.

Power mgmt is great, I have working suspend/resume, backlight, HDMI
hot-plug output with video & sound as well. That's amazing.

Dave