priority of paths to kernel modules?

Matthew Macy mmacy at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 24 08:12:54 UTC 2018

No we're not. x86 and PPC will be disconnected from the build in a
subsequent commit during the freeze. Warner was simply too tired to
communicate this adequately and still meet the timeline that RE wanted.

And take heart. Even if Warner weren't trying to balance the needs of RE
and the graphics team + user base on post-2013 hardware - the graphics
doesn't _have_ to support 12.x. it's well within the team's rights to
simply declare 12.x as unsupported. The team is welcome to simply say we
support 11.x and 13.x. The failing was largely in that "expected" processes
are not documented and not well communicated.

Warner is acting in good faith. He's just trying to balance many demands in
a compressed time period.

Cheers.
-M