Unexpected results with 'mergemaster -Ui'

Graham Perrin grahamperrin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:02:23 UTC 2018

<https://pastebin.com/m7q8dpWB> line 133 onwards, for example.

I never before found any potential change to
/etc/group

Please, is it unusual?

Lack of experience here. I have updated the system only a few times (maybe less than a dozen), the result of mergemaster on this occasion took me by surprise.

Results on all previous occasions were relatively terse, much less to consider/merge.

----

Also today, with an earlier run of mergemaster, when I _did_ choose to install a temporary file, the installation failed. I didn't keep a note of the specifics but a file mode was mentioned.