Status of OpenSSL 1.1.1

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Wed Aug 1 10:45:57 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I'm wondering what's the status of OpenSSL 1.1.1 integration into base?
More specifically, is there a repo or a branch that's started the
integration?  I'm aware of the wiki page and the list of port build
issues, but that seems to be based on replacing the base OpenSSL with a
port build (similar to the way one replaces it with LibreSSL).

I have some work I'd like to do that's gating on sorting out the
kernel/loader crypto situation, and I'd very much like to see OpenSSL
1.1.1 get merged, so I can start to look into doing that.

Incidentally, if there's something I can do to help out with integrating
1.1.1 into base, I'd potentially be interested.