zfskern{txg_thread_enter} thread using 100% or more CPU

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 24 23:30:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

Recently on multiple systems running CURRENT, I've been seeing the
system become unresponsive. Leaving top(1) running has lead me to notice
that when this happens, the system is still responding to ping and top
over ssh is still working, but no new processes can start and switching
to other tasks doesn't work. In top, I do see pid 17,
[zfskern{txg_thread_enter}] monopolizing both CPU usage and disk IO. Any
ideas how to troubleshoot this? It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Steve