gptzfsboot grew a lot after skein support was added; need knob to control bloat

Ngie Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:56:23 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> So? It literally doesn't matter where the freebsd-boot partition
> lives, or what it's number is. You can put it at the start or end of
> the swap partition after adjusting its size. I've done this on several
> systems...  NanoBSD plays games with this stuff as well to be bootable
> on old / new systems.

True. Hopefully my BIOS/disk controller isn't dumb enough to not
support large disks properly.

*sigh* Unfortunately, in my infinity cleverness I only put 2
partitions on the drive -- freebsd-boot and freebsd-zfs. I guess I'll
need to make backups of my workstation so I don't lose anything
critical.

-Ngie