Panic @ orm_identify+0x308 (kernel probes) after r327103 -> r327140

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Dec 24 14:19:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 03:03:33PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
> So, it is dangerous to update beyond r327121? I'm running on most of our machines now
> r327121 and it does not show nay anomalies so far ...
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

Hmm...  Well, reviewing the output from "svn log", I see that the next
commit to head after r327121 is r327140 -- a change to head/sbin/ipfw.
I have a hard time imagining how that could possibly affect anything
during the kernel device probes prior to the transition from single- to
multi-user mode.

So at this stage, I have no indication that what I observed in both of
my machines that track head will necessarily be seen by others.

I could try r327121, perhaps...

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
If Trump is "taking names" re: the UN Jerusalem vote, he can add mine.